LPC

In 1969, I started work with this large private insurance company in downtown. One of the first person that captivated my interest was this tiny 4 ft. 10 in. lady who if soaking wet could not even measure eighty five pounds. She showed a zest for life that I admired. LPC was LP at that time, and she put her entire effort into any task whether it was big or small. I watched her with envy as she was not only cutest little lady I had ever seen but she was so open and never lacked for words.

Eventually she was to work in this girls place who had quit and the desk was right across from mine. I was a lowly typist, but then a typist could not use any correction tape or fluid, you had to be accurate. If you made a mistake, you started over. As we sat face to face, we started to get to know one another and we had lots in common and I loved to say something funny and make her laugh. Her laughter was just like everything else about her a true deep rumble that only she could make.

As time when on, we became close friends and that is when I learned she was not only unique but had this great BIG HEART. With what little salary she had, she started giving to the Christian Children Fund and she continues to do so. There are no telling how many unfortunates she has helped within the past 35 years. How many of us can say we have been doing something unselfish for that long?

When The Pope starts something she has the tenacity of a badger, the memory of an elephant, the heart of an angel . Someone so tiny physically has the determination to finish more than other people her size could only think about.

The past few years we have had to live in states apart but we are always close in spirit.

When Puppy was small he thought Santa Claus was a 4 foot 10 inch woman from Georgia. She showered him with truck loads of presents each year. He was always more exited about The Pope coming that the real Santa.

Unfortunately, she does not weigh less than eighty five pounds now, but after her survival from the BIG C and the treatments she took, she will not be that size again. At the time she was struggling with the BIG C I was flat of my back from surgery on my back. Now I have more than I came with, rods and screws. Since we are so close this was a very difficult time for each of us.

Alas, she is now labeled a Big C survivor and I truly believe it is from her fortitude and her wonderful spirit. To appreciate her you not only have to meet her but listen and get to know her. She was put here for the rest of us to emulate. I would have hated to lived on this earth this long without knowing her.

Since this is Valentine month, I thought y'all should at least be introduced to the woman I know who has the biggest heart.

The kitty justice is she is my best friend and not yours. Now don't you wish to be so lucky

Comments

Popular Posts