GIANT FROZEN CUCUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I stepped outside this morning for Maggie's first run, I was smothered with the smell of frozen cucumbers. My chest tighten and I could not breath. Then my eyes began watering and I could not see. I rushed Maggie to hurry up.

After getting back inside I stood at the front windows wiping my eyes so I could see and it was just an overwhelming sadness that made me begin to shed real tears instead of forced ones.

Mother nature had delivered a killing blow. The weathermen had said this would happen but I figured the earth was warm enough to counter balance the air. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

As I looked out I survived the damage as an ole country gardener would do. The nearest objects were the large box woods. They looked like shaggy green round balls. All the new growth was hanging limp as a over cooked noodle. The hosta's leaves were all curled up trying to protect themselves. The iris which had just started to bud and bloom looked like green ostrich looking for a hole in the ground to stuff their heads.

Then I looked up an the large hickory tree's leaves were scagging like an old fat woman's wrinkles.

THE TEMPERATURE WAS IN THE LOW TWENTIES AND IT HAD MADE HAVOC OF ALL THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE FLOWERS AND GREEN LEAVES.

All the buds for nuts and fruit and flowers are dead. There will be no nuts for the animals or cherries for me and Mimi to make our famous cherry preserves.

The weathermen are predicting two more nights of twenty degree weather so what did not get killed last night will surely die the next couple of nights.

Maggie did not know why I was standing at the windows so long . She was ready for her breakfast and she kept nudging me with that cute cold nose of hers.

I put her food in her bowl and pulled the kitchen curtain back to let the sunshine in and then I saw the frozen hummingbird feeder. The hummingbirds knew it was not warm enough to come to Tennessee. Ah, they are the smarter than the rest of us warm blooded creatures.

I think MOTHER NATURE HAS DELIVERED THE TRUE KITTYJUSTICE TO ALL OF US.

Comments

Popular Posts