Sam Sr always liked his picture taken and he was a male peacock.
Sam Jr and Sam Sr enjoying a RARE MOMENT OF PEACE.
Sam Sr with his arms around Sam Jr, another rare sight. Jr was in his buster brown outfit that we loved to dress him in and all I can say it made him tough wearing those in a very rural community where young boys dressed in long pants.
Sam Sr spent the last few years of his life in the torture of REGRETS. He was not a family man and we children grew up in the shadow of his wild reputation. It was harder on little brother as he had to carry the name. In this rural community, it was bragging rights if you had a son and that is why they were so disappointed when second child, me, was a girl. Unfortunately, all Sam Sr wanted was bragging rights as he virtually ignored his son unless it was to criticizes.
Those of you who never had to deal with such a Father will truly never understand. But Sam Sr was the only one we had and we have to be thankful for his part as we would not be here if not for him. They may have the same name except for Sr and Jr but as Fathers, Sam Jr is a world apart from his namesake.
The kitty justice is that Sam Jr learned what not to do from Sam Sr. Happy Fathers Day to all Y'all Dads.

Comments

Mary said…
Lady Di,

A Happy Father's Day to Sam Jr. I'm glad he was able to break the cycle and be a terrific father.

Dad was strict and he didn't have a lot of time to spend with us because he worked from dawn to dusk. He was the disciplinarian of the family as well, but he was a good father. When he did do something with us, he gave it his all. I miss him still. Dad passed in 1981.

Love and blessings to you. I'm glad you enjoyed all of my purple flowers. I didn't realize I had so many. Even that pink rose has a purplish cast to it when you get up close.
Lady Di Tn said…
Mary
I am so glad you had a good Father, Dad was a better man after Mother took the frying pan to him. Sam Jr has always put his children first even his step son. I am very proud of my little brother, He is the youngest but he is the Grandpa of us three. Take care and Peace

Popular Posts