Good Morning from the Hill


We are having more foggy mornings now that it has begun to be cool in the dawn.

This made of cold mornings that I would awake as a child and when I arrived at the kitchen Mother would have a big plate of home made biscuits and Chocolate Gravy. So I will be sharing the recipe for the gravy today.

Chocolate Gravy

1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
3 Tbsp cocoa
2 cups milk
2 eggs yolks
2 Tsp of vanilla
Butter to taste

Mother would use a fork and mix the flour and cocoa together and then add the sugar and stir so the dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Beat the eggs yolks into the milk. In a saucepan or skillet, put the milk mixture and stir in the dry ingredients (slowly) If you dump it in it will LUMP LUMP LUMP.After the dry ingredients have been added , stir in the vanilla. You cook the gravy over low heat and constantly stirring for about 25 minutes. After it thicken, add butter to taste. Serve over homemade biscuits.
Stand back and listen to the mumms and ahhs. Puts a smile on a hungry kids face.

The kitty justice if I was still a kid, I would have someone to cook my breakfast.

Comments

Marcel said…
I'm going to be sure to that Connie sees this one! Umm.

I hope you had a great weekend. I'm still too busy with little time for anything but work. Ugh!
Lady Di Tn said…
Marcel
I hope Connie makes this for the Grandsons. I have had better ones as we had to cut up and drag a tree that had fallen across the farm road to the fields and the hay men will be coming in another week. They mow our fields and they get the hay. Good trade.
Sorry you have been tooooo busy to recharge the batteries. I guess you must be like the Energizer Bunny. Peace
Mary said…
Lady Di,

That chocolate gravy sounds delicious. I've never had it before and am going to try it the next time the boys stay over. I'm sure they would love it.

We were blessed when we were kids, as our mothers provided us with a hot breakfast. Many kids today have to make their own and just eat junk or cereal.

Loved the photo of the hill in the early morning. Have a great week.

Blessings,
Mary
Merle said…
Dear Dianne ~~ You sure have been busy but I hope things are better by now - the tree moved and a new frig - hope you had insurance. Lovely that you saw and heard Mary Wilson, and all the photos are lovely. So sorry Mimi has to get used to a new doctor at her age, but she will cope. Maybe a lady doctor? Thanks for your comments and glad you liked the Buy a dof one and the guy who left his room keys in the car. Take care my friend,
Love and Peace, Merle.
Lady Di Tn said…
Mary
I hope Brandon and Jordan like the gravy. Now you have to put it on homemade biscuits. The new frig is here and it has to cool at the set temps for 24 hrs. Peace

Merle
I think your idea about a female doctor may be what we need. Thanks.
Peace

Popular Posts