Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We not began our toll on Sunday afternoon, so I took a picture of the fields that can be viewed from the left of the fallen tree.

Prince had already made a few cuts before it dawned on me to take a picture of the tree that had fallen. Actually it was only half the tree as the other half is still standing.
Here is a closer look at the tree. The child in me made me climb up on the top branch to sit and watch for Prince to bring the Massey down to drag the limbs. As I was climbing down, I notice that it looked like a wooden octopus.

Here is Kitty tying the rope with a metal hook, reminded me of Captain Hook's claw, around limbs that had been cut so Prince could drag them away.

Prince dragging the branches to their resting place.
It was hot, hot and hot with no where to sit or stand in the shade. We started around 11 AM and did not come back to the house until after 6PM. I think we would still be there if the chain saw had not messed up.
When we got back to the house, I did not go pass GO nor did I collect $200.00 like the Monopoly game states but went straight to the shower thank goodness it was not jail and I did not have to spin until I could get out.
Because the frig had DIED, I had not been to the store. There was NO milk or bread in the house.
As I was taking my shower, Prince was working on his chain saw. He came in off the back porch smiling as he had gotten it fixed and started and all he needed was a bolt.
He went with me to carry the groceries as I all my kitty fur ached. We got back home and had a big bowl of cereal for dinner.
The kitty justice is we did not get finished but made a big DENT in the removal. The hay men will have to work in the fields on the other side until we can clear the road.


Marcel said...

Sorry about the tree and all the work, but I'd guess you will now get some BTU's out of the wood?

Lady Di Tn said...

If we had a stove or a fireplace insert, we could have used it that way but with it being Hackberry, it is not suitable for an open fireplace(which is what we have) as it pops unmercifully, even with a firescreen.
We installed the new cooktop in the kitchen last night. Peace

Mary said...

Lady Di,

Oh, what a job. I have helped do clear trees in my youth and it is HARD work. You take care, my friend. I'm sure you are tired out. And then to have installed your cookstove top ater all of that. You and Prince sure don't mess around, you get things done.

Thank you for commenting on the portrait that Mom gave to me. It is a family treasure and I know it would cost a fortune to have it professionally restored, so I may just leave it the way it is. I'm almost afraid to touch it in case I mess up.

Yes, both you and I love history. I sure wish that portrait could talk. I know Dr. Jim paid quite a bit back in those days to have it done. I wish I had more information on these people. He died before Mom was born, which was 1927, so it is quite an antique.

Enjoy your day and please take time to enjoy some relaxation. The work will still be there tomorrow.


Small City Scenes said...

Things move smoothly until real life gets in the way--but we move on and do survive.
We have lots of boats and marinas out this way--being on the coast and literally surrounded by water--fresh and salt. MB

Lady Di Tn said...

I will drink to that statement. I keep wishing for a tree elf to come along and poof the job would be done. LOL
I must put another history post on the blog. I have scanned some more old pictures and newspaper clippings to enter another post.
I have cleaned up the mess we made and now relaxing a few mins on the computer. Peace

Some times real life pops you up side the head with a tree branch. heehee Peace

Stacey Huston said...

Nothing like getting out there and working until you kitty fur aches.. lol... glad the cleanup is going well and no one has gotten hurt..

Lady Di Tn said...

My BIL was here visiting his Mom and I hope to have him talked into helping this weekend. Kitty still tired. Peace