Here are the two love birds I encountered near the pond. Twitterpated.

Handsome goose with a nice reflection in the pond.

Every time I would get ready to take his photo he would head to toward the middle. This is as close as I could get.


There are lots of geese on the pond for folks to enjoy.

I am now looking at the south end of the pond.

A closer view of the monument and cherry tree.





Before I got to the south end on the west side of the pond is our famous Parthenon. It is the only building from the Centennial Exhibit in the eighteen hundreds. Nashville is known as the Athens of the South.

Here is a full view of the Parthenon. If you come to Nashville, it is a must visit. If you come and do not visit and go inside to see how beautiful it is, then I am sorry you have missed a big part of Nashville.

I am headed back to the Center and looking east toward downtown. You can see the famous batman building (formally known as the AT & T tower) in the distance.


This is my first flowering tree to see on the east side of the park heading back north to the center.

A close up view of the flower on the tree.
The kitty justice is I hope you are not tried of the walk as I will finish the walk tomorrow.










Comments

Stacey Olson said…
Well what a wonderful and "spring" walk..beautiful, I can almost smell it. As for the book.. well the publisher said that photo books just arn't selling right now, so they don't want to do it.. but we will continue to work on other options...
A lovely walk and I am not tired at all. It was invigorating. Thank you. Your blooms are way ahead of my house. I love the Cherry blossoms. MB
Lady Di Tn said…
Stacey
Go for it and anytime you wish for a little spring before yours comes please come and enjoy it with me. Peace

MB
I love cherry blossoms too and wonderful why I do not have any in my yard. I guess I need to plant a few trees and watch them grow. Our fruit cherry trees have just a few blossoms this year on three trees. Two look absolutely dead. I will have to replant in the fall. Peace

Popular Posts