This was taken a couple of weeks ago but this morning was almost a mirror image. Lots of days there is fog in the valley and I can watch the sun come up and the display of different colors .
As I was snapping photos of the sun rise and fog, I felt eyes upon me and I looked down in the field there was a deer. I took a quick photo of the deer and then went back to taking more sun rise photos. Later when I was resizing the photos so they will not take up so much space, I noticed something interesting. Do you see it?
For all of those who have expressed their wishes for Mimi's recovery, I thank you. Each day we celebrate the little things that she can do. She has come a long way from the weak kitten she was when she came home from the hospital but she has more to accomplish. The physical therapy that she has three times a week has helped to make her stronger. So it is true if you keep moving, you can continue to move. I took her specimen to the doctors office and she is not out of the woods concerning the infection so she has been given another round of antibiotics. She needs to get over the urinary tract infection so when she sees the surgeon, we can go forth to making her quality of life better. The ball in her left hip is just about gone and you can hear her coming if she is walking down the hall with the help of her walker and support of either Prince or Puppy. I cannot walk with her because if she starts to fall, I cannot catch her. Remember with the rods and screws in my back I have a limit of fifteen pounds to lift and Mimi weighs just a wee bit more than fifteen pounds.
The kitty justice is the things we do daily like walking we take for guaranteed. Be thankful for each movement that your body can still accomplish.

Comments

Mary said…
Lady Di,

Beautiful sunrise, beautiful deer. I would love to look out my window and see deer eating in the park across the road. We had some in the early spring last year, but they left on Canada Day when all the fireworks were let off. What a shame.

Glad Mimi is recuperating at a good rate of speed. Sounds like she's a strong lady.

Blessings to you all. Enjoy the weekend.
Mary
Anonymous said…
You must live on high, as they used to say, with views like these. You are one of those people whose houses we looked at in wonder when we traveled through your part of the country. We'd look and make some point about how nice it would be to live up there. What a view. I just never thought I would meet a person who lives on high. And now I have, and your photos are magnificent. Wow. I will go back now and take another look. I saw a deer the first time I looked at the picture but didn't see the Great Horned Owl I thought was there.

Pick a Peck of Pixels is my photo blog with a difference -- I am hoping you are the difference. For this blog to be famous and me written about in the Wall Street Journal like I was in the seventies, will require more than a couple of dozen hits a day. If 10,000 visitors leave comments then it is instantly famous and your comments are part of history. Lets Make History.
Two super good shots. I like the first one but the second looks like a painting with the sun coloring the grass and the deer.

The ranch is on Cow Creek so it is green of course they water the gardens and lawns everyday and the animals in the barn yard (which I didn't show) and the dept od ecology made them fence off the creek so the cows don't contaminate the water (they have been drinking creek water for humdreds of years) and there are ponds in the vast pastures. They have well over 30,000 acres. Tomorrow I will show the scablands and more animals.

Glad to hear Mimi is recovering even if it is slowly. Good vibes going her way and yours too. MB
Lady Di Tn said…
Mary
Yes mimi is a strong and determined lady.
I feel very fortunate that my FIL bought this hill back before WWII.
We have great sun rises and lots of wildlife to entertain us.
Peace

Abe
Yes we live on high and it is one of the highest points in Nashville, 925 ft above sea level. There is a geographical mark in the side yard, where occasionally they will come and make maps from. Most often they will put out a giant white X. The mapper always come and let us know they are here and how long their work will take.
What I noticed was the deer was a buck with a rack in the velvet. If I had been more observate, I would have zoomed in on him for a nice photo opt.
I will be over to try and help make history.
Peace

MB
That sure is lots of land to upkeep. I sure hope most is open range and only the lived in part fenced in. I wonder how much time it would take to run a fence that would surrond that much land. Thanks for the compliment. The sun was just coming up and making spreading a light color over the land and in turn the fog started to rise.
Peace

Popular Posts