I just love seed and plant catalogs. I have been dreaming over these two for the last few days. The last couple of days we have seen, yes seen the SUN. Nothing makes you so dreamy when it has been cloudy and snowy and COLD to make you wish for spring. Mimi asked if I had found anything I liked and I advised I had been planting and enjoying the digging in the dirt without getting dirty for days. I flipped to the petunia page and told her I could SMELL THEM FROM HERE. I took the bottom catalog with me to the doctors office and read and planted while I awaited my turn to see him. I think I might have tried to tuff it out too long as KJ had to go have 4 prescription filled for this sinus problem. Ah, it too shall fade.



KITTY JUSTICE "MEME"
Name the books you have by your bed to read.
Also, do you have a toy that lives on your bed?


As you can see, I have seven books and one toy.
1. Glenn Beck's Common Sense book that I found when I was dusting. I do not care if you like him or not but you can surely agree with the following view:
"Elected officials are like some ALIEN LIFE FORM who believes they are of higher intelligence and do not have to live by the same rules as we nor do they have any personal shame."

2. The Little Book of Prayers edited by David Schiller. You can find lots of wonderful prayers just open up the book.

3. Farmers' Almanac 2010 What county girl would be without this staple to read?

4. Spoken Music, The Poetry of Nashville and Middle Tennessee edited by Tracy Lucas and Paula Underwood Winters. This book has Prince and my photos and a poem by yours truly. Also the back cover is one of my favorite photos of the sun rise on the hill that Prince has taken.

5. The Book of Common Prayer. I can hear the Celebrant speak as I read from page 353 "Almighty God, unto whom all hearts are open, all desires known, and from whom no secrets are hid:---"

6. Sarah Palin's book Going Rogue. It was a signed Christmas Gift from Prince. So far a really good read.

7. Your Love is Amazing by Roberta Croteau. This morning it flipped open on Chapter 19. Pray The jest of the chapter is not to Ask, ask, ask like little children with too many wants but to LISTEN to God's answer to our prayers. We are blessed that he does not always give us what we want to hear.

8. My Vols Bear rest on my bed daily between the pillow shams. This was one of those unexpected gifts from Prince.

Please let me know if you wish to play my Meme?





Grandma Pammie Pooh is the one in the fuzzy hat on the Snow train. Like the train I hope the snow moves out.

The Kitty Justice is you really never know what y'all are gonna find here.

Comments

Jerri said…
I have Michael Perry's new book Coop by my bed and also several books by Max Lucado. He is just my favorite Christian writer. I also have a baby blue stuffed Easter Lamb by my bed. Sometimes those little stuffed creatures are so comforting....

Jerri
Lady Di Tn said…
Jerri
Thanks for playing along. Peace
Hi Lady Di Tn, lovely to hear from you. I love seed catalogues too, I just wish I could grow flowers like the ones shown in the catalogue, but Im not very good. Years ago I grew a few vegetables in my garden. X
Patty said…
Abe got four seed/plant catalogs just yesterday, and I believe two or three the day before. He loves to look through them, but he can't work out in the yard like he use to. So that means the daughters or I have to more or less do it. Thank goodness most everything we have in the yard comes up every year on it's own now. Happy week-end.
Lee said…
On my bedside table I have -

"A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" - Betty Smith
"Atlas Shrugged" - Ayn Rand
"All Things Bright & Beautiful" - James Herriot
"Indira - The Life of Indira Nehru Gandhi" - Katherine Frank
"A Year in the World" - Frances Mayes
"We Touch the Sky" - Rod McKuen
"Deception On His Mind" - Elizabeth George
"Careless in Red" - Elizabeth George (almost finished it)!
Merle said…
Dear Dianne ~~ Those seed catalogs
are great if only the things grew like the pictures. Your books look interesting too. I have a white teddy-bear on my bed.
Thank you so much for the Cup of Coffee card you sent. It's cute
and the song was funny.
Take care, dear friend, Love, Merle.
Lady Di Tn said…
Vintage
Being a country girl, seed catalogues were one of the few items we got to ponder over and wish. Peace

Patty
Seems like Abe and I are kindred spirts where planting and seed catalogs go. Yes pernials are best. Prince and I moved (while we had acouple of days warm weather) about 100 or more buttercups. Monday and Tuesday I could barely move. Now for years to come we will have large yellow patch in the yard. Peace

Lee
Thanks for playing. Sounds like some good titles. How about hinting which one you liked best? Peace

Merle
Glad you liked the Cup of Coffee. Yes it would be wonderful if the flowers and veggie looked liked the ones in the book. Thanks for sharing. We both have bears on our beds. Peace
Lee said…
Well, "Atlas Shrugged" is my Bible, Lady Di. It is always beside my bed. The list changes, but that never does.

I'm really into reading Elizabeth George's books at the moment. She's an excellent writer...the creator of Inspector Lynley.

Popular Posts