Close up of a surprise in the dry dusty front yard.
As I was walking Maggie, I saw a red color just past the horse block and I had never seen red in that part of the yard before.

As I drew closer, I saw this lovely gift. I hurried and got my camera and took a photo. I brought the camera inside and Mimi said she had brought some bulbs from Clarendon Avenue and Aunt Byrd had them in her yard plus Mrs Ward had them all around a small pond. I marked it so it would not be run over and I would be able to dig it up and bring it closer to the house so we could enjoy the beauty better next year.
It has been so dry that Prince has not had to mow the front yard as often . Therefore it had a chance to grow and bloom.
The kitty justice that dry weather has it's gifts too.


Comments

What a amazing flower! Never seen anything llike it.....
How cool. A gift from the no-rain gods.
We are having wet wet weather but still warm 70s--warm enough for me and if it rains I know I won't melt---maybe rust a little though.
Spider Lyly is lovely. MB
Lady Di Tn said…
Monica
Glad you like my surprise. I consider it my surprise as I did not know it was there all these years. Peace

MB
Thanks. We still could use some of that rain you are having, we had most of our rain in May unfortunately. Peace

Popular Posts