As we were heading to McHenry Tractor Company, I took my camera along so I could play tourist. As we crossed the Cumberland river, I took my first few snaps. Prince asked me "What are you doing?" My response was I was playing tourist and captalizing on photo opts that presented themselves. The far right tallest building is the old National Life and Accident Insurance building where I worked for over twenty years in accounting. I spent most of my years on the 24th floor, then American General Life Insurance company bought us out and I spent a few years on 14th floor and the remainder on the 2oth floor. The state now owns the building and it is called the William Snodgrass Tower. During the years it was the NLT building, it was used as a giant billboard during holidays and special events.
The kitty justice is it no longer serves as a giant billboard therefore it lost its luster as a night time visual

Comments

Thanks for sharing the picture and a little of your history....
Great picture of the Nashville skyline, Di. I always enjoy seeing the big buildings --especially the 'bat building'...
Hugs,
Betsy
Nice shot. I am glad you were playing tourist.
Two of my daughters are in acciunting also.
Whatcha doing at the tractor place? MB
Well there is no 'accounting' for how I spell. LOL MB
Lady Di Tn said…
Monica
Glad you like a little background of this ole girl. Peace

Betsy
The batman building is Nashville's skyline biggest recognition factor. Peace

MB
LOL Looks like your fingers got misplaced on the keyboard. I knew what yawl meant because girl I am the worse speller around. On my term papers in college in the margins were always 18, 18, 18, 18. Thank goodness for spell check on computer. At the tractor place we had to get air filters, fuel filters, oil and all the basic for getting the old machines ready for the work that is coming with this warm weather. Peace
DUTA said…
'Playing the tourist' - Good for you! I also like playing the tourist whenever possible.
The river area in your picture seems a nice one for taking pictures.

Popular Posts