As I was looking for a recipe an index card fell out of the book and I showed it to Mimi saying we need to try this recipe. She said it was Mary's one of best friends and she had made it for Garden Club. I made the recipe and it is a keeper.

SHRIMP MOUSSE

1 CAN OF TOMATO SOUP
1 8 OZ. PKG CREAM CHEESE
1 CUP MAYONNAISE
1 1/2 PKG OF UNFLAVORED GELATIN
1 LB COOKED SHRIMP
1/2 CUP OF DICED CELERY
1/2 CUP OF DICED GREEN PEPPER
1TBSP MINCED ONION
1/2 TSP PAPRIKA
1/2 TSP CELERY SALT
1/2 TSP SALT

Heat undiluted tomato soup with cream cheese and gelatin. Mix well and stir constantly over low heat. Let cool and add mayonnaise. Beat with a mixer to be sure it is mixed well and creamy. Add celery, green pepper, onion, paprika and both salts. Add shrimp. Pour into molds and refrigerate.

I put mine in a 9x13 dish and after it was set, I cut it into squares and served on a lettuce leaf.

Enjoy

The kitty justice is you can add or leave out the salt.

Comments

Yum, I love shrimp. This sounds like an easy but delicious recipe.
Sounds delicious, Di.... I like shrimp--and it sounds like it is good for us.

Thanks..
Hugs,
Betsy
Lady Di Tn said…
MA
It is an easy one and very good. I hope you try it. Peace

Betsy
I think anything with shrimp in it has to be good for us, if not I'm gonna think it is and eat it anyway. Peace
DUTA said…
Wow! Your header is amazing and so is the sunflower!
As for your recipe, it sounds easy to prepare and delicious to eat, but...I personally don't eat shrimps and it doesn't enter my home for, let's say, semi-religious reasons.
Lady Di Tn said…
Duta
Thanks for the compliment. Being an Episcopalian, we eat and drink just about anything you can prepare. I draw the line at oysters as I cannot get past the smell or LOOKS. Peace

Popular Posts