Again while Bep was here to take over Kitty duties, I ventured to Cheekwood to see the exhibit and wonder the gardens to find what was in bloom. 
The exhibit in the main building  was VISIONS OF THE AMERICAN WEST, Masterworks from the Buffalo Bill Historical Center, Cody, WY. I was surprised that I would like the painting , The War Bonnet  best and then to see an actual ceremonial bonnet in the next display room. I took at least thirty minutes or more soaking up the details of each. Another display room had nothing but guns from that time frame. Actual clothing was display in another area, man the ladies of that time HAD TINY WAIST. The bustle on the dresses had to be cumbersome. 
After letting my eyes drink their fill of the artwork  on display, I put on my jacket, as it was very cool and the wind was blowing to beat the bands and I wandered along the paths of the gardens. 
The kitty justice if you visit Nashville and do not tour Cheekwood, you have missed a hidden treasure of our town. 

Comments

Popular Posts