Uncle Jack

Uncle Jack in his uniform . He flew troop transports planes during World War II. He was the youngest child in the family and his Mother was referred to as "Jack's Ma". I often wandered how the other children felt about that title. Maybe it was not out of the ordinary and I have just put a mud ball in the family waters.  When I started this post I realized how much I did not know about this Uncle on Prince's side of the family. 
He grew up in west Nashville and worked hard. Back then young boys were full of ambition. He eventually became President of the Baird Ward Printing Company and became an avid golfer. There was even a golf tournament that bore his name. The first time I meet him I thought him to be a gruff old bird but later I found out that he only appeared that way. 
The Kitty Justice is he could be described as a fine lemon pie with a hard crust. 

Comments

DUTA said…
He's what we call "the salt of the earth" - a man of worth and reliability. Judging by the picture, he was a handsome man too.

Lovely post to honor your uncle Jack!
A little sour but sweet once you got to the heart. Apt description of many old codgers. MB
Jackie said…
What a fine man...
And, I especially love your description of him in your last sentence.
:)
Hugs,
Jackie
Lee said…
What a good looking man he was.
Lady Di Tn said…
Duta
He was a very handsome man and once you got to know him, well you could not help but love him. Peace

MB
Looks as if you have known a few of them too. Peace

Jackie
Glad you enjoyed my description of him. Peace

Lee
Yep, and lots of ladies thought so too. I do believe when he was young his arm was always full of lovely ladies to show around. Peace

Popular Posts