Purple Heart

 These are  before and after photos taken of the proliferate Purple Heart plants. See how much they have grown this year. 
Sometime next month or early October, I will take these 3 pots inside for the winter. When I take them outside next year. I will cut each plant back and root the cuttings. I have a fine patch out front from the cuttings I have taken over the years. The great part it is a wonderful ground cover and comes back year after year. 
The first time I saw this plant was in Austin, Texas and it was used as a ground cover and then when I became a resident on the hill, my MIL had just 2 pots and she had never used it as ground cover. 
The Kitty Justice is to have at least one Purple Heart. 

Comments

Jackie said…
They are beautiful.
So nice to see that they are able to be propagated and enjoyed year after year.
They are really lovely!!
I happen to have one myself and thinking of moving it to another location.
Lady Di Tn said…
Jackie
Thanks and I do enjoy their dark purple color. Peace

Monica
I have found that certain plants do better on different sides of our house,do I try to keep them on the side they like best wheat her they are inside or out. Just a little kitty advise before you move it. Peace
Lee said…
You always take such lovely photos, Miss Kitty! :)
Lady Di Tn said…
Lee
Thanks and Peace.
Interesting plant. Love the deep purple. I wonder if they grow here. MB
Lady Di Tn said…
MB
They would surely grow in your lush area. You might have to fence them in to keep them from crowding out other plants. Peace

Popular Posts