TWO KIND OF SPIDERS

 I found these bulbs out in the front yard and I guess they were buried too deep to come up before last year. Anyway, I asked Mimi and she said Aunt Bryd had a great many of them at Clarendon Avenue and when they moved our here after WWII, she had moved some. So I dug them up and put them around the bird bath. They have just come up this past month and are currently blooming. She said they were Spider Lilies. I think I like this kind of spider.
This guy is no longer around the back door but each morning he would take his web in and then at night he would build another. Prince got a kick watching his antics each night. He even named him Webster. As long as he stays outside and away from me he can live. Otherwise if he makes it inside, well I shall get rid of him permanently 
About a week ago, I was channeling Grandma so in my Bassie moment, I was stacking the tomato cages up and something bit my left hand. I did not feel it but I looked down and it was swelling and turning dark. I went and pulled out the Clorox jug. Got a cotton pad and soaked it with the Clorox and proceeded to hold it on the place for ten minutes. It hurt like the dickens but it stopped the darkness and swelling. It did not itch until this week and I may always have a dark spot on the bottom of my left thumb but that is not as bad as it could have been. You should cut the Clorox with water but it was growing so fast, well I did not take the time. 
The Kitty Justice is to always wear gloves and since I had been inactive for so long well I just forgot. NOT ANY MORE. 

Comments

Clorox...never heard of it before but will remember.
Lady Di Tn said…
Monica
I read it in one of my off the wall books. It worked and that was great. Yeah Clorox. Peace
Lee said…
Webster looks like what is known as a Garden Spider, Lady Di...so I think he'll contentedly stay where he is and not bother you inside.
I'll take a Spider Lily over any biting spider--ever! I got bit by a Hobo Spider a few years ago---not fun. MB
Lady Di Tn said…
MB
Me too and I will have to go Google Hobo Spider. Just love google, how did we survive all these years without it. I think we were smarter because we had to have a good memory of facts and figures, today well what can I say that has not been said. Peace

Popular Posts