Pencil Plant

When I brought in my multitude of plants for the winter, I moved this plant to the library in order to place my big Peace Lilly in the spot it had occupied. It was very unhappy and no matte what I did it continued to dry up and wither. I finally cut the last 4 inches off the end of the two pieces that appeared to be still alive and stuck them in water to see if they will root. 
In the meantime, I put a rooted piece of sage that I had had in the kitchen window in the pot that the pencil plant had occupied. Sage on the hill is very hardy, therefore if it starts to wilt, I will know the pot is diseased. 
The Kitty Justice is the pot will be thrown away if the hardy sage does not survive. 

Comments

Patty said…
Shame the plant died. All I have ever tried to grow indoors are the violets. I'm not much at growing things, Abe has all the luck. Have a great day.
DUTA said…
"..the pot is diseased..." - that's new to me. But then, I have little knowledge in plants and pots.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll not have to throw the pot away.
I have never seen one . Interesting plant.
yvonne
Lady Di Tn said…
Patty
Are you saying Abe's thumb is green and yours not? I prefer growing things from seeds as it is feels me with wonder as I watch a plant emerge from such a tiny beginning. Peace

Duta
Some pots have a disease in the material or from other item ( sick plant , etc) Even if you clean the pot if it is diseased it will kill the next occupant. The verdict is stil out on this blue bamboo pot. Peace

Yvonne
Glad to show you a new plant. It is called a Blue Pencil Plant because of the color and shape. My sister had a green one that almost took over a corner of her bedroom. Peace
Lee said…
That's sage advice, Miss Kitty! :)
Lady Di Tn said…
Lee
you do have a way with words. Case in point your last post 2-10. Peace

Popular Posts