Time for cold weather to end

 I am so ready for tunnels of purple on the Natchez Trace and flowers of Spring.

 I am ready for bunnies real and or not. 
 I am ready for more brilliant sun rises and less snow and ice. 

Snow I like in small doses but the Ice can go to a very hot place, well you know what I mean.
Our upper porch had 2 inches of ice on it when it started to rain last Saturday. Three hard working souls(Prince, Puppy and I) and five hour later we had it clear. It had formed an ice dam and water was running down the basement walls, therefore it had to go no matter what. I can honestly say it has been a REALLY LONG TIME IF EVER that I was that cold and wet. Those who have had it worse well I feel your pain but this southern gal does not wish to be where there is so much cold and snow. This episode was enough to cure me for wishing for snow. Alas, it was not the snow but the ice which is so very horrible. Our neighbors to the east in our state,  have trees etc down and no power yet and some might not get it for 3 weeks. It is beyond my wisdom as to why Mother Nature has been so cruel to us southerners. 
The Kitty Justice is that Tennessee weather is like a woman's mood, wait and it will change. As for this Kat it can change any time now. 

Comments

I hear you and I don't blame you for the wanting. Several years we had our turn and I don't want it back. We lost so many trees and branches not to mention plants that never came back. I too want the softness of Spring and I hope your wish comes true--SOON!
Good eye on seeing the Raven---as to your comment on my blog.
MB
Lady Di Tn said…
Mb
Thanks and I do wish for Spring. The weather man, told us today that the first of next week we will be in the sixties and maybe 70 one day and then it plunges again at the end of the week. We got to 47 yesterday and most of the snow melted but we still have ice in spots. It was 15 this morning with a wind chill of 8. Burr I did spy a yellow crocus in bloom as I looked out my front window. I was so surprised and felt it was a promise to my wish for Spring. Peace
You all have gotten a lot of that bad weather this year but surely it will end soon.
Lady Di Tn said…
Monica
I sure hope so.Peace
Hi Di, well you should see my house,
12 foot piles of snow by garage and still 2 feet on roof. I paid to have the snow raked off roof twice. Running out of
snow removal money. I had a Hotel in NC. in the 70's and we had a bad winter all the pipes froze. The Town had to bring in water from the south. The world is changing in so many ways. I don't want to be here in 2030, God knows if it will still be called the united States of America. Be warm and safe. Hugs yvonne
Patty said…
I just hope we don't have snow on Easter. I remember one year when I was in about the 8th grade, we did. It didn't last long, but everything was covered. Keep warm.
Lady Di Tn said…
Yvonne
Oh dear, I would be hard pressed to survive such snow falls. Makes me feel bad about our little ice storm whine. Nashville is building up fast so come on down to where there are not such big snow piles. Peace

Patty
From your post to Mother Nature's ears. Peace
we had a swing in temps from 26 below to 19 degrees in the day. My head hurts, nose runs like a tap. The weather has really gone to my head. Yvonne
Adullamite said…
Lovely pictures! A real taste of Spring!
Adullamite said…
Lovely pictures!
Patty said…
Now that our daughters cat is no longer living with us, I can set out some Easter decorations, BUT I have to dig them out of a storage closet first, don't know if it's worth all the trouble or not. LOL

Today it's a lot warmer, but still quite a chill to the wind when in the shade. Won't be much longer till warmer weather. Have a great Sunday.
Lady Di Tn said…
Yvonne
I promise not to complain about our 30 degree weather that they predict for the weekend. Get well soon. My nose has the sniffuls from the pollen. Drip drip drip. Peace

A
As Elvis would say "Thank you very much" Peace

Patty
It is Tuesday 3-24 and I just looked at comments. I did have a nice Sunday because Wilson had a day off for a change. Putting in a new phone system at the Hospital so it has been work work work for him. Our ole Sam Cat has never been one to turn stuff over and especially now that he is thirteen. However, Puppy's kitty is another story. Peace

Popular Posts