Father's Day

 Happy Father's Day to my dearest Prince. He is a wonderful father and the love of my life. 
 My BIL was a wonderful father to my niece and a good husband to my sister. When people complain about their parents, well my niece just does not understand as both of hers were great parents. 
My Mother's father was also a wonderful father and the best Pa to his grand kids. Still miss him after all these years. 
The Kitty Justice is I had a Dad not a Father and if truth is told he should never have been a parent. He was a mess but he was my mess of a Dad and yawl would not experience my unconventional humor  or justice if I had not been a glint in his eye. 

Comments

Lee said…
My late brother and I were raised by our mother and grandmother. Our father played no part in our lives...so I have no idea what growing up with a father would be like.

My late father-in-law was a wonderful man...and knowing him gave me an idea what it would've been like. I believe I was lucky to have had him in my life for the time that I did. :)
Mary said…
Great tribute, Lady Di.
Lady Di Tn said…
Lee
I had my Pa to show me how a Father should act. My Dad was a good time selfish man when I was growing up and later years he was a people's person and all the wonderful things people were coming up at the funeral home saying about him made me think 2 things. 1 "I wish I had known this person" 2 Are they talking about my Dad. All 3 of us kids were standing there and wondering the same things as we later talked about it. It is in the past so you either forget about it or learn from it as quoted by the Rafiki in the Lion King. Peace

Mary
Thanks and Peace.
I can still remember walks in the woods and a game my Dad had,
He would pick a leaf up and teach me what tree it came from.
We would make a fire and he always had 2 potatoes in his pocket
and we roasted them on a stick and talked of trees.
Looking back they were black and burnt, but they tasted so great.
Sure miss him, he passed away at 53 yrs. way to young.
yvonne
Lady Di Tn said…
Yvonne
Glad you have great memories of your Father. Best memories I had were when Dad left the house. Then it became a Nice day. Peace

Popular Posts