No sun today

The photo was taken earlier in the month when we were still experiencing warm weather. 
Right about the time I turned 99 upside down, we started to have some single digit mornings. Then today we awoke at 23 degrees and it was sleeting. We are too far south to get the snow but not far enough that we did not get ice. Prince finally got to leave for work about 8:45. He put the bird seed out for me this morning because the porch was frozen over.

Yesterday as I reading my Devotional Bible for Women, I came across a piece called "For Showing Me Purpose by Marjorie Holmes. I have never asked to be shown purpose. Why? Because in Horseshoe Bend at a little white church, Green Valley Baptist, on a warm night at a revival  on the moaner bench (a bench at the  front of the Church where people would sit and pray to be saved) I was lifted up by invisible hands and my tears wiped away as I became a child of God. (I know there are those who do not believe this way but in a small community in the late fifties this was how one became one with God) Since that night, I have known a calming peace in my soul. 

Within a week, as the sun warmed my face, I waded out into the very cool waters of the  Caney Fork river where Brother Gibbs stood. He put his handkerchief over my nose and mouth and leaned me backwards into the running water and I was Baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Many people are baptized as babies and then study God's word and are Confirmed into the Church but all the Churches in our county during that period of time you had to be saved before a baptism was held. 

As I was reading the above listed article the thoughts of a purpose did not exist. I started paraphrasing her statements as follows:
Life is like a Mirage that vanishes during the cruel business of everyday life. 
No matter our circumstances or our talents, WE are meant to be Whoever we are at this moment in time. 
Looking back, we see the stepping stones we have traveled, which represents our failures and successes, our tears and fears, our pain and our happiness. 
These stones of our Emotional self make us the Person who stands alone. Except we are never alone because God  stands beside us. He does not expect a perfect person but a strong person who has Faith in him. 

The Kitty Justice is if you look closely you can see the small kitten of a girl long ago.

Comments

Jackie said…
Beautiful photo and blogpost.
We are Sisters in Christ. If we never meet on this side of Heaven, we will rejoice together eternally with our Lord, one day.
Stay warm and safe through this weather we are about to experience.
And.....bless you and hubby for feeding the birds. We love to feed ours and watch them....
Beautiful....
Lady Di Tn said…
Jackie
Thank you for your kind words. The ice is building upon the trees and shrubs today and that could cause some power problems for lots of TN residents. Watching those feathered friends settles a peace over ones soul. Peace be with you Sister.

Monica
Thanks and Peace
Adullamite said…
Well done Kitten.
Dear Lady Di, I made a copy of the end quote.
It was beautiful and I am sending it to a friend.
God Bless, stay warm. Getting any of that blizzard?
yvonne
Lady Di Tn said…
Thanks Mr. A man Peace

Yvonne
We got snow on Friday 22nd and it was gone Monday 25th. It was 8 inches deep on the hill. Glad you enjoyed the quote and share away my friend. Peace

Popular Posts