April will soon be History

 The locust trees were in full bloom and we had a small locust winter (one of those periods where the temperature reminds you that you might wish to wait to plant) I have been busy moving plants outside, planting, weeding and all the fun stuff that comes with springtime. That is why work is one of those horrible four letter words.
 Prince went and picked these beautiful and wonderful smelling cups from under the power line where Wilburn planted them. Wilburn was the gentleman who told Mimi's husband he needed to come buy this hillside. At first he declined to look but then when he came out here, well you should know the rest of the story as I have said many times, he bought the first fifty acres  before WWII. Mimi would not marry him until he returned from the service. Anyway, all the family and many friends have enjoyed the view from the Hill as we affectionately refer to the place. 
 I had enough flowers that I made six arrangements and placed them throughout the house for Mimi to enjoy on her day. She was 97 this month. Note my new little tea pot which is a salt and pepper shaker I keep on the table. It is one of the very few I have bought for myself as those who know me and love me have given me lots to enjoy. I collect tea pots, little tea sets and decoys. Well I was a Tom boy growing up and if I could I would still be climbing trees. 
 Our elusive guest(hard to get a good photo) at the feeder for April have entertained us royally. We refer to them as the Pretty Birds. They get here in middle of April and stay about 2-3 weeks depending on the weather. As soon as it gets to hot for them they head further north. When the sun light hits them their rose breast sparks to our delight. We will hate to see them leave but we are watching intently these wonderful Rose Breasted Grosbeaks as long as they will stay with us. I put out lots of sun flower seeds daily to entice them to stay.

 These are photos of Mimi's" third" 97th party. We had friends of my SIL from Ms to come and have a pizza party with us. My SIL is in the blue. Below is Mimi with her 3 children. 
The Kitty Justice is Mimi can have as many parties as she wishes because it is a wonderful way to celebrate her 97 years. 
BTW We DILs did not make make my photo opt. I was the camera lady and Debbie kept closing her eyes when her photo was taken. 

Comments

Happy birthday to your mother-in-law:) Wished I could smell those flowers!!
Lee said…
Happy Birthday to Mimi...a wonderful milestone, that is for sure. :)

Beautiful blossoms, too...thanks for sharing this lovely post, Lady Di.

It's scary...we're almost halfway through this year already!!!!
DUTA said…
What a beautiful lady Mimi is! Happy belated Birtday to her!
Your photos, as usual, are excellent.
Lady Di Tn said…
Monica
They smell very sweet thus why you have to scatter them about the house. Peace

Lee
Thanks and yes 2016 is headed downhill fast. Peace

Duta
Thank you and Peace
Adullamite said…
Lovely flowers, lovely birds and where is our share of the cake?
Lady Di Tn said…
Mr A Man
Thanks and we did not have cake but Key Lime Pie and it is history. Peace

Popular Posts