Walk Ons

 The latest walk on cat has been named by Puppy. He calls him Cinco d Meow O. Reason he is the fifth walk on in recent years. I knew with the jobs being lost and folks having a hard time their animals would be the first to suffer. He is not afraid of people so he is either lost which I doubt or has been tossed out to fend for himself. Thus I began to feed him. I hate to see any animal just trying to survive go hungry. Yes I know by feeding him he now officially mine. However being a cat he will be no ones unless he wants to be. Just a cat way of life.
This is Bat Kitty. I named her that because one ear was clipped. She also was a walk on and we had gone to the Humane Shelter wanting to know the easiest way to capture her so we could take her to the vet. At that time we had a walk on male who had not been fixed and I did not wish have a bunch of kitties to deal with. The male cat was named Cinnamon and he loved Maggie and when I took her for her last ride, Cinnamon would have nothing to do with me. He never forgave me for taking his dog away. You see Maggie would go by the Dutch Barn in the morning on her way to and from getting the paper for Mimi. That was where Cinnamon was living so they became buddies before we even knew Cinnamon was on the Hill. 

Going back to Batty, the man at the shelter told us it was a universal sign when a cats ear was clipped it had been fixed and released. So we came home happy that kittens would not show up. After awhile Cinnamon just left the Hill to never return. That made her happy as she was now number one outside cat. She loves to bring me presents so I must be careful when I first step outside. I like to have her sleep in the garage so she is safe from predators at night. Coyote especially and we do have a family of Bobcats in the woods below the fruit trees. 

Now before our town and this area was so built up the four way stop was a great place to drop off animals. Had one little beagle walk on who would get loose and I would always find him down at the four way stop waiting for his owner. Uncle Jack and his wife took in several dogs, a bird dog, a spits, a long haired black dog. All were walk ons. Not to mention the number of cats who came up the hill. I always get mad when I see the little animals which have been left to fend for themselves. One in partically was 2 kittens put out at our well house with a bowl of food. I called them nose and ears as those parts were different colors than the rest of them. They went to live with our friend in Collinwood and I was later told they were the best cats she had ever had. 

I have noticed in the Bellevue Facebook that there are lots of photos of lost dogs and and a few cats. Some have found their way home through post. 

The Kitty Justice if a walk on comes along, feed it, keep it, or find it a home or make sure they go to a shelter which is a NO Kill shelter. 

Comments

It is so sad that anyone would dump a defenseless animal. Someone found a starving horse tied to a tree----I cannot understand this even with what is going on today.
I could not pick you out of your 2nd grade pic. Maybe the pretty dark haired girl in the second row.
And it does sound like your Wilson and my Bob are hard working fellas cust from the same bolt

MB
Lady Di Tn said…
Mary Beth
Yes it is beyond my whole understanding how anyone could abuse one of God's creatures. I am the 4th from the left second row. Being a Tom Boy my hair is the shortest of all the girls. When we would wait for the school bus, Sara with Long brown hair and Linda with Long blonde hair would be on either side of me with my short short hair. LOL. Yes I think we are lucky to have such similar wonderful hard working guys. Wilson is happiest when he is on a tractor. Peace
Lee said…
G'day there, Miss Kitty.

I would have to feed the cat, too, if it had turned up on my doorstep, or yard. I'm a softie, and am not embarrassed to admit being so! Poor little puss was a lucky little puss to have come by you. :)

I don't understand...I don't want to...how anyone can dump an animal.

Take good care...stay safe. :)

Popular Posts