news from The Hill


 This is 9-25-2020. From left to right, Cousin Bill, his son Charlie from Alabama, and my MIL, Mimi. 

Bill had some health issues and was in a safe jail(assisted living place) for months. No one could visit him or take him anywhere. If he was taken out he would have to quarantine for 2 weeks. The damn pandemic was not kind to folks who are in assisted living anywhere. To give him a better life his daughter from Ft Worth came to get him to live with her family. He has been very attentive to his Aunt Mary Tom and celebrated all the Holidays up on the Hill. This will be the first holiday without him. If I could not get anyone to help me for one reason or other all I had to do was call Cousin Bill and he would say when do you need me and what can I bring. I will be there. It was a great comfort to know I could count on him for anything but the worse is we will miss his presence and his stories of the old days. I sure hope he has written them down for the future generations. He and I made a great team cleaning up the kitchen afterwards. Bill would tuck a dish towel into his belt, roll up his sleeves and the dishes. pots and pans would be cleaner than an automatic dishwasher could get them. I would dry and put them away. We would have a nice visit as we worked . Things change. 

My 101 and 6 month old MIL went to the Lord the end of October due to congestive heart failure and the funeral was not until  five days later.  We did a grave side service and the day was sunny with blue skies (her favorite color) and it was a beautiful service. At the end of the service, my son Puppy read a poem I found on the Internet over six years ago and I had kept a copy, not knowing why. It was titled "Letter from Heaven". Therefore the Matriarch of the Family will be absence from the table at Thanksgiving and as all families have to do we must start our Year of Firsts. 

I pray for all the families who will have an empty chair at the table and have began their year of firsts who lost them not to an ailment or move to another state  but whose loved ones were taken by Covid. 

The Kitty Justice is It  is 2020.

Comments

So sorry for your loss. It has been a hard year for many people but hopefully there are better days ahead.
DUTA said…
It's good to hear from you.
Sorry for the loss of your MIL and for Bill's condition.
Thanks for sharing.
Wishing you the very Best!
Stay safe and well!
Adullamite said…
How sad, but how nice to have such people around.
Lady Di Tn said…
Monica
From your words to God's ears. Peace

Duta
Thanks you and same to you. This pandemic is an Invisible Monster. Peace

Mr. A
Yes I agree but how fortunate we all were to have them in our lives. Peace

Popular Posts