The Ladder Tree and More

Here is my Ladder Tree for 2020. At night it looked just like a tree. We have a tradition on The Hill which Puppy and Hun have done each year. After the tree has been undecorated and put on the porch, the guys take the tree stand off and then throw the tree over the railing and off the porch. Alas, they did not have a tree so no traditional toss. 
This was the dusting of snow on Christmas morning. It was so much fun to awake to a little snow on the Hill on Christmas day. It was a quite day with only three of us to celebrate . With Mimi not here the other children and grand children and great grands just stayed home to observe Xmas. We did not even need Covid to not gather for Christmas. 
On January 3rd when I took Margie for her first outing, we were having snow flurries however nothing stuck but there were some really big flakes. Too me the weather has been colder or else my body no longer is running hot. Also, we do not keep the heat as high because our little cold natured Lady is no longer cold. 

 My best friend, The Pope, came to spend the day with us on December 23rd. She grew up in Springfield, TN and that is where her Mother and family still live. She makes 3 trips each year to Springfield from Macon . I just cannot forgive her husband, A Chicago Yankee, for moving her out of state. We always have a wonderful time together on those days we get to spend together. Precious and Few but we talk to each other weekly and then some. 

It was so different than other Christmas on The Hill. We were missing Bill but called him and Mimi death left a hole in the family. 

The Kitty Justice is Mimi was the glue that held the family together and now family members are like balls rolling away from The Hill.

Comments

DUTA said…
Good picture of you and your friend the Pope! That's a beautiful friendship you two are having.
Sorry for the loss of Mimi who was the glue of the family and her passing left a big hole.
The reflection of your ladder tree in the window does indeed look like an actual tree. Changes that come with getting old are not easy ones, that is for sure. I guess the only comfort is that each of us must go through them. Glad your friend could come and visit.
Sometimes we don't realize just who the glue is. My Mother in law was the same. After her death nothing was ever the same.
Happiness in the new year
MB
Lee said…
Boy! I am running late, aren't I? Sorry for missing the bus...it left without me, and Christmas and New Year have paid their visits and bid farewell until a few more months down the track. No doubt, the months will pass by as quickly as the past 12 have. The older one gets, the quicker the months and years pass by, it seems.

I had visits from no one...and I paid no visits to anyone, but did have phone contacts with good friends of long-standing. And good memories of those no longer on this mortal coil remain clear, and are cherished.

May 2021 treat you kindly, Dianne...take good care. I wish you all the very best. :)


Lady Di Tn said…
Duta
Thank you for your kind words. Yes she was the glue of the family just like my mother was the glue of my family. Peace and Hope

Monica
At night we could turn the lights on the ladder and yes it did look like a tree. It is always a treat when the Pope comes. When she married Italian our old boss started caller her the Pope. Peace and Hope

Mary Beth
There is always that special person who holds the family together. Peace and Hope 2021 is better

Lee
It seems as I get older I get slower in everything. My intentions for 2021 was to write a blog post every week. Duh it did not happen. Maybe once a month. As for myself I cannot believe it is Ground Hog Day and the bugger saw his shadow. Where did January go?!!!
Peace and Hope 2021 is much kinder to all of us.

Popular Posts