Monthly post for December

Remember my November motto. Well The Popes visit was a lot different this year. We met at her Mom's because at age 95 and health issues Mz Arna cannot travel. So all of us Adapted.  
Margie has grown out of a lot of her puppy habits and is more laid back now. When the weather was nice we loved to sit on the porch and watch the wild life. As for wildlife, this morning the birds were in rare form. I enjoyed watching them having their morning meal. The Cardinals were spectacular as they sat in the Holly tree with the sun shining on them which only enhance the brilliant red coats. A Chickadee wore a dark black cap which was almost a dark blue in the sun as he feasted on the meal. What a wonderful feathered play I truly enjoyed as I sipped my morning coffee. 
One rainy day coming come from the lake, we got on the 2 lane road and not the Interstate . I wished to see if our family old houses we had rented in the small community of Elmwood were still there . I was in third grade when our house on the Marks farm burnt. As far back as I could remember our little family lived in the house with my mother's parents. Thus when we moved into this house I was not happy. My first love, Pa now lived somewhere else. My brother and I would spend hours in Snow Creek playing until we would see a snake and then we would avoid the creek for awhile. Then like the call of the wild the creek would call "come play in my waters and have fun." You can see a bridge in right upper photo. 
This is the house we rented when I was in high school. The long living room which is where the out shoot is had beautiful wall paper and a shiny wood floor. It was one of the first places we lived that did not have coal or wood heat. It had a big propane tank outside and it was nice not to have to continue putting fuel on the fire to stay warm. Another plus, it had running water and a bathroom inside.   The big bathroom  had a sink, commode, an a tub with a claw feet . Might not be a big deal to some but those of us who did not have running water and a inside bathroom it was a grand place for us to live. This house had both and it was a true luxury for me. I miss the two large trees that stood in the front yard where the bushes are now. Also the rock wall in front was taller. I guess it could be again if the sidewalk was dug out. 
I will let my Santa and Mrs. Claus wave goodbye to 2021 and you with the wish that 2022 will be a better year for all of us. 
I will leave you with some of the Ladies of The Sewing Club. The lady in green is Mimi, They met for over sixty years every 3 weeks and it was started the year before my SIL was born. At that time the ladies actually sewed and most were making baby clothes. I wonder if they are sewing in Heaven . 

The Kitty Justice is Merry Christmas, Happy New Year but most of all May Peace be with you. 

 

Comments

DUTA said…
I haven't recognized you in the first picture. You look different, better, slimmer.
The pictures of the two houses in your past, and of the late "sewing" ladies - are great memories!
Lovely good-byes to 2021 from Santa and Mrs. Claus!
Wishing you a wonderful 2022 new year!
Lots of wonderful memories in this post. Glad you were able to meet even if it was different and wish you a happy new year.
Lee said…
Hey, Miss Kitty! Sorry for running late! I'm puffed, but I made it!! :)

I love this post..and enjoyed being a part of your reminiscing. Great memories.

All the very best to you and your loved ones for 2022...may the year treat you all kindly. Take good care. :)
Lady Di Tn said…
Duta
Thanks for the compliment. I needed to loose some of me for health reasons. Lots of memories poured through this post and many did not make it to the page. Thanks for the wishes and sorry this is a late reply. Peace

Lee
Do not apologize for lateness as I am running half year late. Thanks for strolling through my memories with me. As I told Duta lots of them that flooded my mind did not make the post.
Thanks for the wishes and Peace
Lady Di Tn said…
Monica
Playing catch up in 20222. Thanks for the wishes and I am happy your enjoyed my journey. Peace

Popular Posts