CENTER HILL LAKE HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait to put my paws on those well worn steps and go inside where a little bit of Heaven exist.

First of all the guys will pack all the gear inside and I will put it away and then to sit and relax in the quite atmosphere. There are not any phone lines, cable television nor computer allowed. It is nice to turn off the cell phones and only turn them on to check in with the family.

Each morning I will take my coffee outside and sit on the deck and just veg out. When you enter this magical place it is like all your CARES DISAPPEAR.

The first four pictures were taken by my BIL and the new dock was being built. It will be nice to see the finished project. I am sure the water is too low to get the boat close to the falls but maybe we can venture into those creeks just a little. The best time to go to the falls is in early part of the season while the lake is high.

The sunset pictures was taken from the end of our lane where there is a turn around for the inhabitants. I will take more when I get there. It is fun to get a glass of wine and head either to the rocks or the end of the road to watch the sun go down. Prince and I have even been guilty of taking a whole bottle down to the rocks and watch the moon glisten across the water.

At summer pool the little island in the last picture is usually under water and the heron nest in the bushes and trees. We like to float in our boat all around the island and then take off up either Second Creek or Little Hurricane to see how many new houses have been built.

Both Prince and I grew up on this lake but never met until much later. His family had the cabin and I camped out in tents just right across the cove in the park. Small world.

Prince and I were married at the cabin so to say the cabin has WONDERFUL memories is an understatement.

The Kitty Justice is that we will finally get to the lake for some well deserved R & R.

Comments

Corn Dog said…
Gorgeous pictures! Have a great time.
Anonymous said…
I love4 the pictures. Looks cool and inviting.
Merle said…
Hi Lady Di ~~ The lake area looks so peaceful and lovely. I can see why you love it so much and with your memories of that place, all make it more special. So you have a really great time on your visit.
Thanks for your comments on my blog, I am a bit behind answering. I think
my little great G.D s are beautiful
Not so sure about John having great character in his bearded face - but hope you enjoy copying it. Bec and I had a wonderful visit and she saw
some friends and spent time with John as well. She is safely home in Queensland today. I love the Great Ocean Road too and it is a major tourist drive in Victoria. Glad you like our cows, they are permanent
and are scattered around the city.
As for the book I bought - a crossword dictionary, some quote books and a recipe book. I rarely get there so was making up for lost time. It is really nice to know you too Di. Take care, Love, Merle.
Lee said…
See you when you get back, Lady Di...you're going to have a wonderful time...full of memories as you make new ones. :)

Popular Posts