Friday, July 25, 2008

Prince needs to stay at work as he is the only healthy varmint on the hill. Well, I must say Maggie and Sam Cat are fine and fuzzy.
First of all, yesterday afternoon, my throat became sore and then BAM the left ear began to hurt. I put some drops into my ear and took a sinus Tylenol before bedtime. I awoke to the pounding of my ear. I was woozy. I manage to get the dog taken out, Prince's breakfast and lunch made. Then I headed back to bed. Awoke at 9:30 took another antihistamine and headed back to bed after two crucial calls were made. At 1pm the ear was not hurting but it feels like I have a poker running down my neck from behind my ears to my collar bone. Does it not always happen when the doctor is not in his office. I went to Google and research ear infections. I need to locate some nasal spray and gum with xylitol without having to order on the net.
Second, Puppy came home yesterday from work, complaining that his back hurt. Sports creme came out as I thought with his construction job he had sprained a muscle. This morning his statement "I am not gonna lie, it is worse not better. I handed him two Motrin. I need to check and see if that helped.
Thirdly, Mimi awoke with a swollen elbow. Again doctor kitty went to Google as her doctor had mention she may be having some issue when I took her to see about her swollen knee. I printed off the information and told her to read it and I also told her to take the antibiotic that he had given her . She said she only had 3 more pills and I told her to take it and it would get us through the weekend. The pills cost $10.00 each therein lies the concern.
Prince called to check on the sickling and will be bringing home something prepared for dinner. I know he will be hungry but the rest of us may not have an appetite.
The kitty justice is I must hitch up me ears and rally to take care of others.


Shakespere said...

Hi. I enjoyed reading your blog. It is very interesting.

Lady Di Tn said...

Thanks and glad for your visit. Peace

Marcel said...

Sorry about all the sickness. I hope you all get better soon!!

Mary said...

Lady Di,

I do know what you are going through with the ear infection. Just recently I had the same ailment and went through two rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it after trying to treat it with home remedies. It just wouldn't let go of me and must have been a strong germ. Of course I've always had ear infections since I was a child.

I am sorry that Puppy and Mimi are both under the weather as well. I have put all of you on my prayer list.

Love the photo of the coleus. I have one identical colors. Going now to catch up on what I've missed.


Lady Di Tn said...

Thanks. Seems Mimi and I are better today but not 100%. Puppy is still asleep so I will check on him later. Peace

I also had ear infections as a child and as an adult thought I had outgrown them until recently. Have I stated through my second childhood. Yikes!!!!! Peace

Corn Dog said...

Sorry to hear you all are under the weather. Get well soon.

Merle said...

Dear Dianne ~~ I am so sorry you are feeling so unwell and hope soon that will pass, and I hope Mimi will be OK
sounds like retaining fluid ? maybe.
Also I hope Puppy is better, bad backs are bad news, but hope he has only strained something. I hope that Prince manages to doge all the illness and helps you with it all.
Thanks for your comments, glad you liked the Good Morning Coffee and the definitions. Take care and get well soon, Love, Merle.

Lady Di Tn said...

Yes it is bad to be not at full speed here especially when I am needed to care for others. Ear aches are like having a bad drunk without the liquor. Peace

Thanks for your wishes and I too hope all will be okay with us punny folks. The ear stopped hurting yesterday but the left side of my head still felt MUCH LARGER than the right side. By the afternoon, I had a normal head size feeling but with a golf ball stuck in my ear. This morrning the ball seems to be the size of a marble. Maybe tomorrow I will be up to speed. Others are slowly mending also. Peace