I pick the flowers and Mimi arranges them. These are in the front hall.
These are also in the front hall and the first thing you see when you open the door.


These are on Prince's table in the library where when I glance over I can see their pretty colors cheering me onward.
Where oh where did JULY go? Mother always said time would get faster as the years go by and boy did she know what she was talking about.
I went to see Dr. Horowitz yesterday concerning the psoriasis on the top of me head and after washing with the two prescribed shampoo on alternate days. I thought I would get a reprieve. Not. It was better but they wanted me to continue the same for 6 more weeks Plus add derma smoothe every other day. Now that will kick your love life into the toilet quick. Reason, you have to apply this stuff at night and sleep in a shower cap. How unromantic is that. If it works I guess it will be worth it. Oh, I was in a room I had not been in before and there were only 11 frogs to be counted. The most interesting stuff was "The Owl Drug" and it was in a glass case above my head so I could not read all the small print. It did say it was 46 percent alcohol.
Since Puppy was with Mimi, I could slip my collar and have a day out by myself. Do you ever just like not having to be anywhere and with no time table. Freedom in its finest. I took a dirt devil vacuum(reason-TOO HEAVY) which had been used about three times to the This N That Thrift shop. Two of the ladies I had worked with were there and we had a nice visit and then I went shopping. I found 3 tops , one an Eddie Bauer, for a total of six dollars. I added that brand name to show those who do not like thrift stores that brand names do exist. The books were half price along with Christmas items and I got 9 hardback books for $9.00. All were over $10.00 new and the most expensive one had original sold at $40.00.
On my way home, I went by Wally World (Walmart). I am not fond of big box stores but will enter them gladly to save a few dollars. Prince and Puppy love Minute Maid pulp free OJ and I can get it there at rock bottom price. Once, Publix had it 32 cents cheaper but that is maybe a once a year happening.
I got home excited with all my treasures and one of the best was a new Coffee Pot from the thrift store for $3.00. Mimi was really proud of that find.
Mimi just wandered through and advised the newest member of our family was born today twelve minutes pass mid night. It was a girl at seven pounds and 4 ounces.
The kitty justice is I am now a Great Aunt on Princes side of the family. That makes Bep, Prince's sister a GRANDMA and Mimi a Great Grandma. I am happy being the Aunt and I can wait on the other two titles. Puppy please read this. LOL


Comments

Marcel said…
I like the flowers and glad you had a day to your self.
Unknown said…
The flowers are magnificent. I miss have flowers around my house.

Psoriasis isn't fun no matter what the treatment is.

Congratulations on the new family addition.
Lady Di Tn said…
Marcel
Zinna are one of my favorite annuals. Pa Christian planted Zinna all around his yard. He also always had marigolds and four o'clocks or as he call them "Pretty By Nights." I like lots of other animals like some time alone. Peace

Nick
If I was near by, I would bring you flowers to enjoy.

I was not plagued by Psoriasis until I was diagnoised diabetic. I wonder if they go hand in hand?

We keep waiting to hear what her name will be but as of yet the parents have not givn us a clue. I vote for Mary Elizabeth, Sarah Beth, or Emily Jane but I guess my vote will not count. If I had had a little girl I would have chose one of those. Peace
Mary said…
Lady Di,

Your dahlias are beautiful and Mimi did a great job of arranging them.

I became a Great Aunt again today. Griffyn now has a brother. His name is Tarryn and he weighed 9 lbs plus. He has lots of dark hair so I'm told. Melissa had a C-section scheduled so Tarryn was born this morning, just before 12pm. Mother and baby are doing fine.

Take care, my friend. Enjoyed visiting with you, as always.

Blessings,
Mary
Mary said…
PS I just sent you an email.
Merle said…
Dear Dianne ~~ All the flowers look lovely and it was nice for you to have a day out alone and you will feel better for it. Thanks for your comments and I am glad you liked my presents. I do too. Sorry you have to cook every day and I used to when my family was still with me. Glad you liked Bill (who is 80)'s cat and dog joke. Take great care, my friend,
Love, Merle. Thanks for your fwd s
Lady Di Tn said…
Mary
Looks like we both became Great Aunts together.

Merle
Thanks and I do like to cook just not all the time.

Peace to both.
Mary said…
Lady Di,

Congratulations on becoming a great aunt. I hope your little one is doing well. Griffyn met his little brother today and Mom told me he was looking at his fingers and toes but didn't quite know what to make of it.

Let me know when your darling niece is named.

Blessings,
Mary
Anonymous said…
I also like the flowers but the words in the post were really exceptional.
Lady Di Tn said…
Abe
Coming from you that is a big compliment. Peace
Lady Di Tn said…
Mary
We got a couple of pictures by email and she is really precious. Still no name. Thanks for the advise in your email and I will head to Whole Foods to find the ingredients next week. Peace
Love Zinnias, such a sturdy plant.I have a friend who has Psoriasis on his hands and he uses a product called MiraCell and it works and keeps the flare ups at bay for a longer time.
As for names my name is MaryBeth which is actually Mary Elizabeth so keep that vote going. LOL MB
Jeanette said…
gday Lady Di.. i like all your flowers through out the house. lovely arrangements,,,
PJ said…
I'm love zinnias. They come in so many bright colors and these are lovely photos.
Pensacola Daily Photo

Popular Posts