In 1999, Ward Burton came to Bellevue Mall and I entered a contest to go to a private autograph signing. At the time he was my favorite Nascar driver. I had a few collectible and he was very gracious when he signed them. He said it was his first time to come to Nashville. I hope he came back and saw the sights with his family.
He was a gentleman, a conservationist and had the most wonderful southern drawl one would ever hear. Later after the signing he gave a radio interview and lots of people gathered around to listen. He drove the number 22 Caterpillar car and now I have no idea who is driving that car.
The kitty justice is this Nascar driver put a smile on my face and an a excitement in my life at a time I was dealing with my Mothers death. Thank you Ward.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Interesting post. There was a big race on the television the other day and I wondered where some of my old favorites are or were. I then thought they are probably old like me and retired.
Merle said…
Dear Dianne ~~ Just a quick note to tell you I have left an award for you on my blog. Hope you enjoy.
Love, Merle.
Lady Di Tn said…
Thanks Abe. The chase is on now and Jimmy Johnson won Saturday night. The youngster of todays races are more polished than those of by gone days. I remember one of the jokes about Dale Earnhart was he did not like Jeff Gordon because he could speak in sentences. Peace

Merle
Thanks and I will pick it up later. Peace
Hey, we have a Bellevue Mall out this way. In fact it is in the city of Bellevue. LOL!

How neat to see a favorite.

PS. thanks for the shipping instructions. MB
Merle said…
Dear Dianne ~~ I am pleased you liked the award. Yes I have 4 Tomato plants in, and you have pulled yours out. It's strange isn't it? And we can be in touch across the world.

My friend Lorraine is terrific and so helpful. And poor Herman wasn't taking any more chances.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Popular Posts