A week ago today, Mimi and I made four batches of cherry preserves . A total of twenty eight jars. In our enthusiasm we declared we would make preserves one day until we had all the berries from last year made into preserves. Our next week batch were to be blackberries.
Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans for us with the upcoming flood on the weekend.
I did not go to the basement at all yesterday as I just could not face it and we are the lucky ones. Mimi and I did clean the kitchen frig and put all the ruined items in the freezer out side. You see everything in the freezer out side in the garage did not survive and since the garbage man will not be here until next Monday, I thought it was best to freeze the ruined stuff and then put it out late Sunday night which would give it less time to SMELL up the place.
The next order of business is to get the guys to move the furniture off the large throw rugs so I can put them outside to dry. The house smells musty from the damp basement.
The kitty justice is that Mimi and I will have to rethink when we will have time to make more preserves.