Monday, November 11, 2013

Uncle Jack

This is the same photo that was used for the newspaper article on the left in the photo below. However, either time or a mouse had eaten off a corner so I covered it with the plane photo which was in the same album. 
 Please enlarge the newspaper photo to read about Uncle Jack. (That is how I always have known him and have to stop and think a moment when someone refers to him as "Mr."
He was a handsome guy and I remember the first time I met him, I thought him rather gruff. He never bragged around me and I am sure that is how he acted elsewhere. Aunt Karen (Puppy's Godmother) and I were talking about WWII and she said he never talked much about his service however, he flew transport planes that did not have any guns. I would call that very brave. 

The Kitty Justice is that he was a fine lemon pie with a hard crust. 
THANKS TO UNCLE JACK AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO ARE GONE AND THE ONES  STILL WITH US FOR THEIR SERVICE. 

4 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

It seems that most vets that served in a fighting war didn't ever talk too much about it. My hat is off to all veterans and those that gave the ultimate sacrifice--BLESS 'EM ALL!
My late husband saw service in Korea--way before I met him. I knew several guys that were in Vietnam---that is the war I really remember---I am still upset about our losses. MB

Lady Di Tn said...

Not only the losses but the way they were treated when they returned. I never will forget the massive amount of graves in San Diego Veteran cemetery with the year of death of 1968. It was a very moving experience to stand among them. When Puppy was small and was playing soccer a grandfather of one of the fellow players would tell me about his navy days and his daughter said I probably knew more than they did because he NEVER talked about it. Peace

Patty said...

Very nice article.

Lee said...

He was a very handsome fellow.

As Small City Scenes said...Bless 'em all!