This N That Thursday

 Cinco de Meow O has not been seen in several days. I guess he fortify himself with Bat Kitty's food so he could continue his wandering. Maybe he is trying to get home. Or then again he may show up again when we least expect him. I am assuming he is male as NO verification was ever made. 
The Amazon person let 2 dogs out Sunday and they came up Poplar Creek road and crossed our lane just so they could try to catch Bat Kitty. She ran up the large Magnolia Tree by the front of the house and she was up higher than our rooftop. Prince was able to catch one and luckily it had a phone number on the collar. A nice elderly lady came up to get them and take them home. It took awhile to lure Bat Kitty down with Temptations in hand. She was leary to come out from under the truck . Prince got her to come to the bench above where I was perched to hand out treats and loving. I kept assuring her the bad dogs were gone. 
 The Japanese Iris have been blooming for a few weeks now. They can stand some morning sun but prefer shade. I have a big patch of them on the left side of the Clematis. When we look down from the porch it is nice to be greeted by all those little purple blooms. 
 This is my Clematis out back and the porch is ten feet tall, the railing 3 feet tall and the bottom porch is over 2 feet off the ground. Below is a closer look at all her flowers. 

 This is a single flower on the Clematis. The true color is a dark purple. 
 This is an old disc made into a bird bath and below shows the dogwood tree in bloom that is planted in the flower bed. My Cousin gave me lots of plants when I went to visit and pick up the Irises I had ordered from her. I pulled up the money plants and put in six hostas she gave me. I planted one on each corner and two in the middle. I have some Dollar Tree spikes in front of them as my young pup, Margie loves to dig up items I have planted. 
My Cousin Glenda also gave me several Lillies , yarrow and a I cannot remember the name of the other item. Oh well I will just call her up. Anyway, since it has NOT rained here, I have been watering the new plants every other day and yesterday was their time for a drink. It had been cloudy most of the afternoon and I gave up on Mother Nature watering them so I pulled the hose out front around the Z71 parked in the driveway and started watering. I yanked one time too hard getting a kink in the hose so I rushed back to where the offending kink happen to be gathered and as I rounded the Z71, I stepped off the drive on the left side into the hole where the drain pipe goes under the driveway. Down I went on all fours. I slide a few feet as I had good momentum to remove the kink as quickly as possible. I finally got up( you know it sure does take a lot longer to get up in this 7th decade) turned the water off and went inside to clean my scrapes up. Both hands had two holes which looked like teeth marks and my right knee took the blunt of the fall. 
I washed each place up good with dial soap and then use a disinfectant and Neo Sporin on them. I bandage the knee scrape but knew movement of my hands would be restricted if I put a bandage on them besides I still had the rest of the chicken taco meal to finish and watering the plants.. Anyway, with teeth gritted I put liquid bandage on those 4 spots. Then I danced around the bathroom as my hands were on fire. Why do they not make this stuff not torture you when you apply it to a cut? 

After I played doctor, I returned to the task of watering my new plants. Then Puppy helped me finish dinner. The Blessing is I did not have to wash dishes. 

The Kitty Justice is not to RUSH and watch where you are stepping. This is the second fall in a month and I hope it is the last. I hurt all over when I got up so Blu Emu became my best friend. The take away is I AM TOOOOO DAMN OLD TO CONTINUE THIS FALLING SHIT. .

Comments

DUTA said…
"..down I went .." Oh, my! Sorry about your fall!

Your cousin Glenda is of a generous nature offering you all those beautiful plants.
The flowers in your pitures are mind-blowing! I like the pictures with the cats too.
(Prince seems to have a way with the cats).
Feel better soon!
Take care!
Lee said…
Oh! Dear! Do be careful. I fear falling and do my best...try my best not to. Living alone, and being one who keeps to herself, no one would know. Remy and Shama, my two furry mates wouldn't raise the alarm! I'd be on the floor...forever. I guess I could role around and clean it that way! :) Take it steady, Miss Kitty...that is an order!!

Distressing for beautiful Bat Kitty, having those two dogs baying for blood!!! People should keep their dogs in their own yards! What a beautiful cat she is.

I hope Cinco De Meow Oh turns up soon..,unharmed and prepared to stay.

Your clematis is lovely....take good care...and I mean that!!! :)
The iris is just beautiful! So sorry for the fall, it is true that when we are older they are more difficult to overcome. Hope you will not be too sore.
I hope little boy kitty finds his way home. Someone is missing him.
You Clematis is incredible
MB

Popular Posts