ALMOST TWO MONTHS

 Our high school class was having the 50th (yes I know I do not look old enough to be out of school that long) and I had bought a top with our mascot beaded on the front. Alas I did not get to go because I took a Peripheral Journey starting with taking Puppy to the ER and he had to go to surgery as an add on to have his appendix removed. He is doing well but that was not in the plans therefore the journey. My best friend The Pope had come home to Springfield to see her Mother and I had to make the decision high school reunion or best friend and you know how that ended. 
 The Rosebreasted Grosbeaks came on Mimi's 99th birthday but it has gotten so hot the last couple of days they have headed North to a cooler climate. They stay a month but cut their visit short this year by a whole week. 

 Since the Owls were having the reunion I choose to pick up a concrete Owl to comemorate the occassion. Puppy planted the super tunias in a large pot outside the kitchen sliding glass door for Mimi to enjoy when she is in the kitchen. 

 Can you believe this was March 12th and now we are in the nineties. I do not mind the hot weather as long as it is not accompanied by the other H, humidity. 
 The big Irises gave up their blooms when the hot weather appeared but the Japanese Iris below are just now blooming. The ones I planted by my Sage bush are a deep purple and I think the bees did this for me. 
 This is an old photo of Maggie as her muzzle is very white now. I believe the chemo made it turn whiter. On the last of the chemo treatments I was given the bad news that the cancer was back. The oncoglogist did not do the IV treatment but instead used an oral cancer drug. The 4 places on her stomach have gone down considerably but are still there. We go back next week and I might let her have one more oral treatment and then stop and let nature take its course. I will never be ready for her to leave me but I have tried to defeat the cancer but it did not work so I must put my big girl pants on and deal. It will not be easy. 
Mimi spent most of February and March doing therapy three times a week. She was declared fit to travel on her own the end of March. When folks are coming at odd times three times a week it is hard to get things done. She had her 99th birthday last month and she really enjoyed being  the head of the ball. 

The Kitty Justice is I must close this post to do common every day chores. 

Comments

DUTA said…
Glad Puppy is recovered from his appendicitis surgery. Sorry for Magie's condition.
Happy belated Birthday to Mimi!
Adullamite said…
Lovely flowers but a hard and sad time with the animals.
How nice to hear from you:) I am sorry you didn't make the reunion, I too had my 50th. Look at all those beautiful flowers, you must have a green thumb. Hope you have a good summer and sorry about your dog, it really is hard to go through losing them.
Lady Di Tn said…
THANKS DUTA. IT WILL BE 3 WEEKS THIS COMING THURSDAY FOR PUPPY AND HE IS DOING WELL. PEACE

MR A
YES IT IS A HARD TIME FOR MY MAGGIE. THANKS AND PEACE

MONICA
THANKS AND THE FLOWERS COMFORT ME WHEN I THINK OF MY WONDERFUL DOG. SHE IS RESPONDING TO THE ORAL BUT FOR HOW LONG? SHE WILL STAY WITH ME AS LONG AS GOD WILL LET HER. THE ONCOGLOGIST TOLD ME WHEN SHE STOPS EATING THEN WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE A HARD CHOICE. PEACE

Popular Posts