MANNERS AND OTHER TOPICS

 This is last years Moon flower. I planted 5 seeds this year and the bushy tail rats dug up all but one. The lone plant that did not suffer the fate of the others is only just beginning to climb. I do several seeds each year and share some with my BIL. Maybe in August I will have some flowers.


 These lillies were Easter lillies that we got a few years ago and they were white but the bees have been busy and now they are a pale peach. 
 We have been fortunate to get enough rain but not too much as other parts of our country are feeling the pain we felt in May 2010. The CMA was this week and the rain did not bother the tourist. They partied on rain or shine.
 Sun rises are always beautiful on the Hill and I appreciate each one that I am blessed to see. 
 Our pretty birds, Red Breasted Grosbeaks, have come and gone. Due to record heat they did not stay as long as usual. 
 All the wild life is hungry especially the squirrels. I have moved the feeder and replace it with a Safflower one. Now only birds and Chipmunks are caught feeding from the feeder on the Cedar Pole. 
 Puppy as a young fisherman. We spent lots of time on Center Hill lake in his youth and we taught him to enjoy the water. He now goes with his friends and they all have a great time. As he was growing up and he would go to friends etc, I told him "Be sure to take your manners with you" when he left. Unfortunately, parents today have not used the same tactics to get their children to use manners. Case in point,  at a recent store, I was going down an aisle looking at  items for sale. Around the left corner came a 13 or 14 year old boy and I stopped so I would not run over him and I smiled at him. As he pass me he said rather ugly "You Suck". I was not prepared for such rudeness from a strange child, so I told him he did too. I turned and glared at him and thought his mother did not do her job. Kids are not being raised they just grow up. 
Mimi as a little girl with her pony. This year she turned 100 years old. I have heard of others who reached such a landmark but never knew one until now. She is recovering from a recent illness but she has the spunk to try to get better. Too bad others do not have this spunk. 

The last three years for us on the Hill have been littered with illness and surgery. The Kitty Justice is to hope and pray that the rest of the year and 2020 are kinder. 

Comments

Hi there, so nice to see you back:)
DUTA said…
"Kids are not being raised they just grow up" - how very true!
Your photos, especially the sunrise, the tiny red bird, and your Puppy as a child - are stunning!
Congrats on your MIL becoming a centenar! How beautiful is that!
Wishing you a year free of any illness or trouble!
Terra said…
I love that pony with the young Mimi. It is still rare to make it to 100.
Lee said…
What a little brat! I would've reacted to his rudeness in a similar way as you did, Miss Kitty! Unbelievable!

Parenting skills are disappearing in too many instances, I reckon!!!

I love your pics. Take care. :)
Adullamite said…
Great flowers, great rainbow, great birds!
Live to be 100.
Lady Di Tn said…
Monica
Thanks and Peace

Duta
Thanks and MIL is getting stronger daily. From your post to God's ears. Peace and Thanks

Lee
I wanted to pinch is rude little head off and feed it to his mother. Thanks and Peace

Mr. A
Thank you and Peace

Popular Posts