What is in a name


 If an old car like this 1952 Buick hit you would you not still be hurt just as if a like a newer version of the car hit you? 

After the civil war the south called those who came here to capitalize and make money  Carpet Bagger but today we call them Developer. They come make rabble of the old and put up duplicates of tall and skinny houses. I have heard that said Developer delegate different sites to out of town builders. A girl who works in the dentist office bought one and one night her kitchen sink fell out of the counter as she was going to bed. The guy who fixed it told her they are fixing lots of errors on the quick build buildings. The builder was from Atlanta that built hers and he took his money out of the state and left this young lady with lots of problems of which the sink was just a minor one. 

Recently I heard on the news that Garth Brooks would be building a bar downtown called Low Places. Mr. Brooks downtown Nashville does not need another bar. Downtown is a big time southern mess but I say most of these bars are not owned by Tennessean. Our once quite downtown is now a herd of people cattle who while crossing the street will bump your car on both front and back. And I am not a prude because my younger years we had mini skirts and short short however they covered our private parts and you did not see the cheeks of women mooning others on the street. 

Casual is not suppose to be skanky or sloppy. It is suppose to be COMFORTABLE.  Put clothes on people. I was shocked and it takes a lot to shock someone who has been around as I have but the scantly clad mass of humanity was way to much to gaze upon and when they began to bump the car I told Prince I did not wish to come downtown again. So my city has been taken over by drunks . That evening as we were coming home from a cousin wedding, I saw entertainment buses, tractors with wagons, pedal tavern and I was totally disgusted.  I wished for a megaphone so I could yell GO HOME.  Why and how did our city become so sleazy. 

Money, sorry government officials, and Carpet Bagger. Nashville was and I guess still is the IT city and now it is the Pit City. I know progress is a common thing but I feel as if Nashville has gone backwards not forward. 

Now for climate change or it should be called human greed. Mother earth had trees and land to help cool and soak up the rain. Man has put down concrete , asphalt and buildings. They neither cool nor soak up rain. Instead with the covering of land, only and idiot would assume that it would soak into the concrete and not run off. Interstate highways with concrete walls create a a river when it rains and lots of them flood. A tornado goes in a path of least resistance and a big low highway is a nice tunnel for it to flow down. 

Years ago everyone, me included thought plastics were wonderful. But now we see how plastic has created an unforgiveable mess for the environment. But the people who can are doing nothing to fix it because  it will cost too  much.  Their lavish lifestyles are more important than Mother Earth. 

Now we hear the song of how electrical cars, gadgets etc are wonderful. But we are being asked to conserve electricity or  we are having rolling black outs. What will we do when all cars are electric and where are those big batteries gonna be disposed. Where ever will not be good? 

The Kitty Justice is I wish for those Developer (Carpet Baggers) go back where they have come from before we are TOTALLY DESTROYED and more people were more concerned for Mother Earth.  

Comments

Popular Posts