Fall and Late October

The Gingko tree has almost lost all the beautiful yellow leaves. It was 32 on The Hill this morning but come the weekend it will be in the eighties . Tennessee weather never ever stays the same for any length of time. Fall is my favorite time of the year. The landscape is a vast colors that show the beauty of the season. After the leaves fall we enjoy more sky and get to see the trees shape that was hidden by it leafy clothes. 

 I have picked my last Zinnia for the year. The rest can go to seed and hopefully volunteer next year as they have many years before. I also have gotten all the potted plants inside for the coming winter. I will tend to them sparely for the time they are resting inside and then when I pull them out next spring I will fertilize them and find them a nice happy place outside. Each year I try to either give away or just take cuttings for future pots and then let those I took cuttings from go to sleep forever. As long as I can I will continue this tradition because I really never met a plant that I did not like( Please note I said plant not weed.) I will continue my joy of plants. 

I cut my mint and basil back and put them in glass of water on my kitchen window sill. This reminds me of my Mother as she always took cuttings of plants she wanted to save and replant the next spring. Mother has been gone for twenty three years and now I am older than her when she left us. As family gets older and the siblings kids have kids, it seems they do not have time for the older folks. Not like the days of family get togethers. 

The Kitty Justice is life changes and you just have to find the Blessings in your day. That too was one of the many things my Mother would do.

Comments

Popular Posts