Wednesday, August 29, 2007

HARPETH RIVER

Prince's brother walked to the river behind his subdivision and this was all he saw. A dry river bed.

The weathermen have predicted rain showers for the next three days. How lovely, I might have to pretend I am Gene Kelly. I always thought that is how we should welcome rain and not grumble.

I played Molly Maid yesterday. Yeah, Grandma Christian's cleaning hit me in the back of the head. Now I feel it all over this body of mine. If you had to measure your age by feel, I would be at least 302 today. Yes, I plan to check out the cabinet with all the pills.

Another death has occurred and another funeral I will attend today. The lady, Peggy Moore was a long time volunteer for the This N That Shop and according to Mimi she was always doing things to make the others laugh. She had a way to make it feel more like play than work.

The Kitty Justice is the closer you get to meeting Father Time the more funeral you attend.

4 comments:

Merle said...

Hi Lady Di ~~ Love the picture - so green and restful.
Thank you for comments, glad you liked the 5 Lessons. I
have found coffee and jokes don't go too well together.
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

Corn Dog said...

The Harpeth looks pitiful doesn't it. I hope the rains come soon.

Lady Di Tn said...

Merle
You are correct about coffee and jokes.

CD
all the areas of middle Tn got over an inch and some 2 inches but here in Bellevue we got .04 in the rain gauge.

Merle said...

Hi again Di ~~ Thanks again for comments, glad you enjoyed my post.
I agree with you about the older we get, the more funerals we have to
attend. I hope the one for your friend went well. Take care,
Love, Merle.