On September 4Th at the Hurt reunion were several large posters and photos of Great Uncle Elihu's service in the first world war.
The following 2 photos are of his equipment that he carried. He never got married and Gran Dot took care of him in his later years. Thus, Cousin Bill has all of this history to share with us.


I hope you can see his initials that he scratched on his canteen in the photo below.




This is the Big boat that took him to war. World War I seems to hold only a paragraph to the books written about WWII, therefore, I wanted to mention those veterans of WWI today, but we should honor all who have served and to provide us with the life we enjoy in America.


On a lighter note, can you believe these flowers are still blooming on the back porch and we have had several nights below freezing. However, the last few days we have hit the seventies here.
The Kitty Justice is to wave and Thank a Veteran today.





Comments

I was just coming over to your blog when you popped in on mine first. YAY!!

Stanwood is having a gathering this morning to honor Vets and I will go.

MB
Great post! We should honour all of the brave men and women who fight for our countries X
Lady Di Tn said…
MB
Hope to see photos of the parade. Peace

VK
Thanks and I am glad you stopped by. I really believe we can never do enough for those brave men and women who who fight for us. Peace
DUTA said…
I'm very impressed by the displey of documents and equipment belonging to your uncle who served in the WW1.
To honor his memory is the least one could do for heroes like him.
Lady Di Tn said…
Duta
Thank you and I feel the same. Peace

Popular Posts