ANIMALS AND CHILDREN

Lilly as a small kitten. I had to use love and rules for her to train her to be a good cat. When she did not do what I wished, I used a spray bottle of water. Punishment but not harmful and also I would raise and deepen my voice to let her know I did not like what she was doing. Whereas, I would praise her in my squeaky voice and give her a treat when she did what I approved she had done. Children can be handled the same if they respect you as adults. 

Now here is the crust of the matter. Nashville has changed and not for the better. Crime in my once easy going city has become the norm instead of the exception. Lots of the crimes are done by youths, some as young as 10 with most not old enough to be charged as an adult. Five youths were arrested for killing an up and coming young singer because he refused to give them his car keys. Three youths shot a man in the leg as he was enjoying a day sitting on his porch. 4 were arrested last evening for stealing a pregnant woman's car. And on and on it goes. Some people blame it on violent video games and I am sure it can desensitive them but also the daily news has the same effect. 

Our police department cannot get enough recruits because the people are not backing our police department for doing their job. Well the voters just voted for a Police Oversight Committee. The police already had paid oversight called Internal Affairs. The taxpayers are paying large salaries for the people who are on the POC. This money would be better spent trying to help the youths before they commit crimes which will more or less affect their entire life. 

Looks like to me that Respect and Common Sense have fell in the same bucket and someone slamed the lid close. 

THE KITTY JUSTICE IS CHILDREN SHOULD BE RAISED INSTEAD OF GROWING UP ON THEIR OWN. WHERE ARE THE PARENTS, COMMUNITY, AND CHURCH? I GUESS THEY ARE WATCHING THE POLICE. 

Comments

DUTA said…
I tend to agree with you, also deep inside me I know education is but an outer envelope, it doesn't change the inner self of a child or adult. You probably know the saying: "you can take someone out of the desert, you cannot take the desert out of that someone". We are born with a certain inner quality that can hardly be changed by education or training.
Police can be of great help, but as you've said , they are sadly, not backed up by the people. So, things are getting worse everywhere.
Lee said…
Your thoughts and beliefs echo my own, Miss Kitty.

Similar behaviour is going on here all the time in this country, too. "Spare the rod...spare the child" doesn't work...isn't working. Parents have to get back to doing their job as parents...parenting!

Our courts also need to wake up to themselves...their sentences are far too lenient. The police must be tearing their hair out....they do their job, and then the fat-cat judges and magistrates just tap the perpetrators of the crimes on the knuckles and send them on their way!!!!
Lady Di Tn said…
Duta
I think we can adjust some inner qualities if we just start at birth to teach children to love not hate, respect and belive in treating others the way they want to be treated. Unfortunately if it is to work most would have to be taken from the parents and we know that will not happen. I really dislike that our Police are treated so disrespectful. Peace

Lee
Too bad we can not go back in time to show these kids and parents how much better our world was when we were growing up. Yep we just had on the news a 23 year old was at the same garage downtown breaking in cars and had been arrested doing the same at the same place 2 days before. I really think a second offense should not have a bond set. Go straight to jail. But I am sure the police will be arresting the same 23 year old next week, which makes it dishearting to our men in blue. Peace

Popular Posts