Teachers


This is my First Grade Class at Forks River School in Smith County, TN. Guess which one is me? Here are a couple of hints, I am in the 2nd row and I was a Tom Boy from birth. I loved being at home and thought I was being punished to have to go to school so instead of going out to play at recess, I would stand in the hall crying wishing for home for at least a month before I realized learning was actually fun and with that I never looked back. 

When I would learn a task and get 100 on my papers, I became bored. No challenge. Therefore, I started erasing the 100 from the top of the paper and resubmit it again and again. When the teacher realized what I was doing she said I was cheating but I replied I already know how to do it. So I was tasked to write it 100 times on the black board at recess. 

I feel the Pandemic has made everyone appreciate the unsung heros, Teachers. Those parents who have just left the kids grow up instead of raising them are now having to home school or guide them to study and do homework . I bet all those hard working teachers are laughing up their sleeves at the hullabaloo the parents are encountering. 

Teachers are really a breed all their own. They like the roll and love the kids and enjoy the accomplishments. As for me, if I had had to teach, I would have been looking for giant rolls of velcro to stick the hooties on the wall. LOL  Or I might have gone to jail for using duct tape to keep the peace. Therefore, I marvel at the patience and fortitude of the teachers. 

Okay I am aware there are a few bad apples in the teacher catagory but they are few and far between. Most are loving, caring and called to do a job that most of us are unqualified to do, But now some of you are having to do it. Hehe I am so happy my child is out of school. However, when he hurt his knee in football, I did have to be his teacher for most of his sophomore year in High School. 

I bet you have a favorite teacher just as I do.  She taught me in fifth and sixth grade. I learn most everything I needed to build on in her classes. Each class was easy after I had her and I was always thankful I got to be in her classes. In those days respect for ones teacher was a given and she would stand tall and provide us wisdom in each subject. I would always listen to her even when in a split classroom as I was afraid I would miss something.

The Kitty Justice is the Teachers should be paid more because they teach the most valuable, Our Children, Also, they should never have to provide supplies from their own pocket. 

Comments

DUTA said…
Teaching is a very tough profession nowadays. Children are more spoilt, lazy, disrespectful than in the past. It used to be a first class profession once but that's over. Parents are also to blame; they don't cooperate with the teacher anymore.
Kay G. said…
I had some really good teachers and some really bad ones. The good ones gave me education, the bad ones gave me education in how to deal with people who have problems and take it out on others. It's all good.
Kay G. said…
Oh! And is that you on the 2nd row, right in the middle?
Lady Di Tn said…
Duta
I agree with you. Peace

Kay G
Welcome to KJ. Both kind of teachers provide us with different lessons. I am the 4th from the left on the 2nd row. Only girl with super short hair. Mother had to keep it short as I was not interested in keeping it combed because there were fun things to do like climb trees etc.
Peace

Popular Posts