Computer


 I really missed that tower when in late October it had a big time problem. There was a storm in Tennessee and like I always had done. I shut the computer off and then turned off the electrical power. 

About a week later, I plugged it back up and turn on the power. NOTHING BUT AN ERROR MESSAGE. I followed the instructions and alas it still would not come up. Rats, never had this problem before.

I then got my personal tech to try his best and was told  it was not in his wheel house plus he was working lots of hours . Bless his heart he made an appointment with Mouse Calls ( a local business which several family members had used to fix their computers) and then he took it to them to fix. It was the operating system. Thankfully they fixed it and Puppy went and picked it up for me. The tech at MM called me before it was fixed and I requested she talk to my son because I knew just enough to be dangerous. She got a nice laugh from that statement.  

I know it is just a computer but I felt nervous to touch it since it had failed and gotten ill. But then I remembered how my fingers felt as if  they were all enclosed in tiny girdles while I had been forced to use Hun's laptop. We old folks have a hard time trying anything new and it was twice as easy to make a mistake on a laptop and my fingers felt like I was ripping off their bras when I finished typing on the lap top. 

I respectfully decline to think using a desktop is the same as a lap top and NO NO NO it is not what was between my ears.  

The Kitty Justice is I am so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY getting to work on my desktop. 

BTW I now need to name the tower. How about giving me some suggestions.

Comments

DUTA said…
I also prefer the desktop to the laptop. Which reminds me I have to buy a new one. Its OS is XP, That old. I don't get technical support from Microsoft any more, unless I switch to Windows 10.
So, in your case, 'all's well that ends well'.
Just as a heads up when I go to leave a comment it says to try a different screen and when I click on that is comes up so there is a glitch there somewhere. Glad you got your computer back and running. I have never named a tower so not sure what I might could suggest but maybe something that has to do with coming back to life like....resurrection:)
Lady Di Tn said…
Duta
You are correct. Blogger has changed so I am still trying to learn all the new points. I am too old for too many changes.Peace

Monica
I have decided I will name my tower Sir. I figure if I knight him he might just keep on going like the energizer bunny. I have a habit of naming objects or giving people nicknames. Just the funny side of me. I am sorry but I really do not understand your first sentence. Peace
Nobody gave the tower a name---nasty or not? The tower of Pi** me off---Maybe?
MB
Lady Di Tn said…
MB
Funny but I think I will stick to "Sir" You know the way it acted it has to be male. I will sign off with not only Peace but with Hope. We sure need the last one.

Popular Posts